Ingredients for javanese stew with tempeh
- 200 g tempeh
- 4 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 onion
- 400 g pineapple flesh
- 2 red peppers
- 2 courgettes
- Red palmoil, extra virgin Amanprana
- 2 tablespoons (palm) sugar (Amanprana Gula Java coconutblossomsugar)
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- Amanprana Orac Botanico mix, spicy
Preparation of javanese stew with tempeh
- Slice the tempeh lengthwise and then into discs. Place them one alongside the other in a dish and drizzle with the soya sauce. Ensure the soya sauce is equally distributed over the tempeh.
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Cut the pineapple, peppers and courgettes into chunks.
- Heat up some oil and braise the onion.
- Remove the tempeh from the soya sauce, keeping back the soya sauce.
- Add the tempeh to the onion and cook on a high heat until browned.
- Turn down the heat, add the sugar and the soya sauce, followed by the pepper and the pineapple. Cook everything together until the peppers are al dente.
- Douse with 2 dl water, add the diced courgette and leave to simmer for a few minutes.
- Mix the cornflour with a dash of water and stir this into the sauce so that it thickens.
- Season the stew with Orac Botanico mix
Tip from Miki Kristin:
Recipe by Miki Duerinck & Kristin Leybaert «Veggie voor starters»
Miki Kristin Duerinck Leybaert
Miki Duerinck and Kristin Leybaert started off by opening a restaurant where they gained a large amount of experience in vegetarian cooking. After that they set up the Vegetarische Kookstudio (Vegetarian Cooking Studio), hosted workshops and offered catering services and celebratory meals. Together they also penned a number of books, including Donderdag Veggiedag (Thursday is Veggie Day), Veggie voor starters (Vegetarianism for Starters) and Veggie burgers, balletjes en broodbeleg (Vegetarian Burgers, Balls and Sandwich Fillers).