Ingredients for pumpkin spice granola with quinoa and pumpkinFor the puree:
- 1/4 Pumpkin, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 Apples
- 2 Oranges, the juice of
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 4 tsp Mixed spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, cardamom and white pepper)
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Pinch of fleur de sel (Amanprana Khoisan fleur de sel)
- 270 gr Gluten-free oatmeal, soaked and drained
- 80 gr White quinoa, sprouted (if you can't find any, see how to make it above)
- 150 gr Raisins
- 35 gr Linseed, soaked in 120 ml water
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin seeds
- 130 gr Pecan nuts
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil, melted (Amanprana extra virgin coconut oil)
Preparation of pumpkin spice granola with quinoa and pumpkinPlace all the puree ingredients in a blender and blend until well ground. Set aside. Place the gluten-free oatmeal in a blender, grind and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the white quinoa, linseed, pumpkin seeds and the pecan nuts and mix well. Add the prepared puree and mix again. Leave to rest for 30 minutes, then spread out over two baking trays and place in the food dehydrator. It will be dry in 12-16 hours at a temperature of 46 °C. Leave to cool, and it's ready to eat!
Tip from Sandra:
- This granola can be stored for 3-4 months (or even longer) in an air-proof glass jar.
- When you store the granola in the fridge it becomes extra crispy
Sandra Maes is passionate about dancing, music and art. After training as a dancer in Tilburg she joined a professional dance group in Rotterdam, but the pressure proved too much, with irregular eating habits, irregular hours and an aggravated injury reaching a breaking point. Sandra was exhausted, felt ill and suffered from a range of disquieting symptoms. After much searching she was diagnosed with Lyme disease in 2013, and because she did not want to take antibiotics she started to research the power found in nutrition - pure nature. That was when she discovered the magic of raw food, turned her lifestyle around and took her health into her own hands. Sandra Maes's recipes primarily focus on raw food Sandra went to the US to take a course as a Raw Food Chef, Instructor & Nutrition Coach, and when she returned she set up her own company: Hooked by Uncooked. She hosts workshops, readings, demonstrations, group demonstrations and private events. She believes it is important to show that small changes to your eating patterns can have a major and positive result. The outcome from investing in good food will astonish you, a great philosophy that Amanprana backs 100 percent.