Ingredients for beer stew with seitan and beetroot
- 4 Pepper Protein Steaks (Bertyn seitan)
- 4 red beets, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons red palm oil
- 2 large white onions, sliced
- 1 bottle of dark beer (I used Tripel)
- 75 grams of gingerbread
- 2 tablespoons Gula Java Safran
- 2 tablespoons Curcumax Botanico Mix
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 cloves
- ground pepper to taste
Preparation of beer stew with seitan and beetroot
- Open the seitan pepper steak, save the gravy and loosen the steak with your hands. Pull it apart gently to get rough, playful kibbles.
- Heat the palm oil in a heavy-bottomed pan, add the onion rings and fry them until they become translucent
- Add the seitan together with the seitan gravy and the beetroot and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Crumble the gingerbread all over and deglaze with the strong beer.
- Simmer gently for 1.5-2 hours, until the sauce has thickened and the beets are tender.
- Finally, remove the cinnamon stick, bay leaves and cloves from the pan, as they are not pleasant to chew
Tip from Isabel Boerdam:
Delicious to serve with a portion of rice!