Ingredients for lepat pisang
- Banana leaves for covers
- 400 g very ripe bananas
- 70 g plain flour
- 30 g Amanprana Coconut flour
- 70g Amanprana Gula Java Brut (crushed)
- 4 tbsp thick coconut milk
- Pinch of salt
Preparation of lepat pisang
- Get your steamer ready. While waiting for the water to boil, mash all the bananas in a bowl. Add Gula Java palm sugar, flour, tapioca flour, corn starch, salt and mix well. Set aside.
- Cut the banana leaves into a rectangle about 15cm X 10 cm. You don't have to be accurate on this. Soak the banana leaves in boiling water for a couple of seconds. Just enough to soften it so that it can be work with easily. Then wipe it off with a dish towel or paper towel.
- Take 1 banana leaf and add about 1 to 2 tbsp of the mash banana mixture right in the center. Fold the 2 ends of banana leaf like you would fold a letter covering the the banana mixture and carefully tuck under the left and right end of the banana leaf. There... you got yourself a cute banana packet! :)
- Place the banana packets on the steamer and steam for about 10 to 15 minutes depending on how big your banana packets are.