Ingredients for quinoa pancakes
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 litre of rice milk
- 500 g of quinoa flour
- a pinch of sea salt
- 30 g coconut blossom sugar
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- coconut powder
- 2 apples (preferably sweet apples)
- extra virgin coconut oil
- maple syrup
Preparation of quinoa pancakes
- Beat the eggs and the egg yolks with 1/3 of the rice milk, then add the rest of the milk and gently sieve the quinoa flour into the mixture.
- Add the sugar, the vanilla sugar and the salt and mix well until you obtain a smooth batter.
- Wash the apples, pat them dry, remove the core and slice into thin, round slices. Briefly fry the apples in some coconut oil and sprinkle some powdered cinnamon and cane sugar on them while frying them so that they colour and caramelise nicely.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Wipe your pan clean, then heat a small knob of coconut in your pan and pour in a thin layer of batter.
- Fry briefly, then place some apple slices on top of the pancake and pour over another thin layer of batter.
- Fry over low heat and turn over.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Tip from Martine:
Maple syrup is mainly tapped from maple trees in Canada and is a healthy, natural and sweet syrup that is also a good source of minerals. Maple syrup has a low G.I., which is very important for your blood sugar, to avoid highs and lows. Reason more to replace all the refined sugars in your kids’ diet with healthy, natural sugars such as maple syrup.