Ingredients for stew with spelled seitan
- 1 Veggie Protein Bloc – Wheat (Bertyn)
- coconut-olive-red palm oil
- 150 g onion
- 250 g carrot
- 100 g turnips
- 3 toes look
- 150 g celeriac
- 150 g leeks
- 150 g Brussels sprouts
- 100 g parsnip
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 level tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons shoyu
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
Preparation of stew with spelled seitan
- Rinse all vegetables and cut them into coarse pieces.
- Finely chop the garlic. Cut the seitan into cubes of about 2 cm. (keep sauce).
- Fry the seitan in coconut-olive-red palm oil over a high heat until it starts to discolour.
- Take a (preferably) cast iron pot and add the spelled sauce together with the mustard, shoyu, herbs and possibly a little bit of water.
- Add all vegetables as well as the garlic and let it stew under the lid for about 20 minutes.
- Add the fried seitan and let the vegetables continue cooking, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with spelled bread spread with mustard.
Tip from Serge:
Compose your own vegetables according to the seasonal offer.