Ingredients for catalan veggie sandwich with spelled seitan
- 1 whole-wheat baguette
- 2 seitan steaks (250 grams)
- 1 red onion
- mixed salad
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tomato
- red palm oil
Preparation of catalan veggie sandwich with spelled seitan
- Take the baguette, cut it in 2 and halve these halves.
- Cut the tomato and red onion into thin slices.
- Drain the seitan slices and heat a grill pan with a little red palm oil.
- Grill the seitan to a nice golden brown.
- Spread one half of the baguette with mustard (possibly a spicy one!), then a little lettuce, the grilled seitan, the slices of tomato and the red onion.
Tip from Chantal:
In Spain and France it is not uncommon to place a steak between a sandwich. This is the vegetarian version of it. Delicious if you dress it with a nice aioli sauce.