Ingredients for chai latte matcha
- 300 ml almond milk, coconut milk or milk
- 2 cm fresh ginger or a pinch of ground ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick or a pinch of cinnamon powder
- 5 bruised cardamom seeds or a pinch of cardamom powder
- 5 crushed peppercorns or a turn of the pepper mill
- 5 cloves or a pinch of cloves powder
- 3 teaspoons Gula Java Matcha
- 1 star anise (optional)
- black tea (you can also use a tea bag with chai spices – for example Pukka tea)
- 1 extra spoon Gula Java coconutblossom sugar Brut or a pinch of vanilla powder (optional)
Preparation of chai latte matcha
- Put the milk, matcha and all the spices in a pan.
- Bring the milk to boil, remove the pan from the heat and let everything withdraw.
- Pour the Chai Matcha latte through a strainer and then pour it in two glasses.
Tip from Chantal:
Nice to drink hot, but also very tasty cooled with a few ice cubes! "Chai" means tea in most Asian countries butin India it is a spiced tea with milk. It used to be made for Indian princes. There is no set recipe for "Chai", every family makes it his own recipe.I would say let your own taste and imagination run free. The above mentioned herbs are the fixed values in this delightfulIndian herbal tea with matcha as variation. Enjoy!