Ingredients for cordon bleu from spelled seitan
- 1 Veggie Protein Seitan - Spelled Bloc or 2 Veggie Protein Seitan - Spelled Steaks (bertyn)
- 50 g Comté cheese (Maarten's Cheese) or another flavoring cheese
- 100 g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- coconut-olive-red palm oil
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 20ml water
- a pinch of curcuma
- a pinch of paprika
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- a pinch of Amanprana Orac Botanico mix mild
Preparation of cordon bleu from spelled seitan
- Cut 4 thin slices of the block (max 0.5 cm) or you take the pre-packaged slices. Drain well and pat dry with kitchen paper. (important otherwise the moisture will repel the cornmeal)
- Then place a slice of cheese on one slice of seitan and place the other slice of seitan on top. And that's how you make two pieces.
- Then prepare 2 plates: one with breadcrumbs and the other with a thick paste of: 2 unlevelled tablespoons of starch and 40 ml of water. To this you can add ½ teaspoon of curcuma (gives a nice color), a pinch of cayenne pepper, ... and add some mild Orac Botanico mix to your own taste.
- In this you will roll the seitan well, also the sides and the edges so that the 2 slices stick well together and afterwards the breadcrumbs can stick to it well.
- Then roll the cordon bleu through the whole wheat breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the cordon bleu over a medium heat until brown on both sides. Finally put a lid on it, so that the cheese can melt extra well. Delicious with a vegetable puree!