Ingredients for banana rice cakes: nagasari
- 5 ripe bananas (suitable for steaming )
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 cups coconut milk, squeezed from 1 grated coconut
- 2 tablespoons Gula Java Brut
- 1 teaspoon salt
- banana leaves, for wrapping
Preparation of banana rice cakes: nagasari
- Slice bananas lengthwise into half.
- Combine flour, coconut milk, palm sugar and salt in a pot. Cook over low heat, constantly stirring until mixture is very thick, smooth and puddingy in texture.
- Spoon approximately 1-2 tablespoons of mixture onto banana leaf. Place a slice of banana on mixture, and cover banana with another 1-2 tablespoons of mixture.
- Wrap mixture with banana leaves neatly.
- Steam over medium heat for 25 minutes or until cooked. Serve warm or cold
Tip from Puti:
it's a wonder how these simple ingredients can produce such a delicious dessert! Note: There are no special ways of wrapping the Nagasari rice cakes in banana leaves. Wrap it in the style that best suits you.