Walnut pesto from Ellen Zaeyen can be prepared in 5 minutes. You make this dish with Black garlic, Apple cider vinegar, ORAC botanico-mix, Spice mixes & Walnut oil from Amanprana. This recipe from the French & Italian kitchen is delicious as Tapas & snacks, Dip and more & Salsa & Sauce. It also fits perfectly in a Raw food, Vegetarian, Gluten free, Vegan & Lactose-free diet.
Ingredients for walnut pesto
- 3 sprigs of parsley
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 150 g fresh walnuts
- 100 g pine nuts
- 2 dl Amanprana walnut oil from the Périgord region
- 2 cloves garlic or black garlic
- a pinch of Amanprana Orac Botanico mix mild
- 1 tbsp (Demeter) apple vinegar
Preparation of walnut pesto
- Roast the pine nuts in a pan on low heat. Let them cool off completely.
- Put the walnuts and the pine nuts in the food processor or blender and mix everything until obtaining a coarse mixture.
- Roughly chop the parsley and take the leaves off the thyme, add them to the nut mixture together with the tablespoon of vinegar.
- Keep mixing and slowly pour in the oil until obtaining a smooth texture.
- Add a pinch of unrefined sea salt according to taste.
- Lovely as an appetiser on toast or as part of a salad dressing.
Tip from Ellen:
This walnut pesto is easy to store in nice small jars. It keeps for a long time if you make sure the pesto is completely covered in oil.