Ingredients for potato blinis with dip
- 200g floury potatoes
- Sachet of dry yeast
- 1 tbsp Amanprana Gula java coconut blossom sugar
- 12.5 cl vegetarian milk
- 50g melted butter
- 1 egg
- 250g whole-wheat flour
- fleur de sel
- 4 tbps extra virgin coconut oil Amanprana
Preparation of potato blinis with dip
- Boil the potatoes.
- Crumble the yeast into the milk. Add sugar. Stir until everything has dissolved.
- Add the butter and the egg and sieve in the flour. Stir until you obtain a thick batter.
- Mash the boiled potatoes with a fork and mix them into the batter.
- Season with a pinch of salt.
- Heat the oil. Fry 6 cm circles of batter for 2 minutes on each side until they are golden brown.
- Serve with fresh dill and some sour cream or Greek yoghurt.
Tip from Martine:
Potatoes They are delicious, a good source of carbohydrates and at their healthiest when you eat organic potatoes and leave the skin on. They are one of the dirty dozen meaning that they belong to the twelve most sprayed fruit and vegetables. All the stuff they spray on your spuds to grow them nice and large is also in your potato. That is why I recommend eating organic potatoes. If you can’t, then scrub and peel them well. Recipe from the “Easy Healthy Fast” cookbook by Martine Prenen.