Creole salad from Chantal Voets can be prepared in 10 minutes. You make this dish with Red wine vinegar, Olive Oil - Hermanos Catalan, Black garlic paste & Black garlic from Amanprana. This recipe from the Italian kitchen is delicious as Main dishes, Side dish, Lunch & Salad. It also fits perfectly in a Vegetarian, Gluten free, Vegan & Lactose-free diet.
Ingredients for creole salad
- 450 g fresh young spinach, washed and dried
- 25 g spring onions, finely chopped
- 12 small or cherry tomatoes, halved
Creole vinaigrette: For 225 ml
- 60 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp course mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or black garlic paste
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 175 ml Hermanos Catalan extra virgin olive oil
- 15 g paprika
- 75 g peeled pecans
- 2 tbsp Hermanos Catalan extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g sunflower seeds and 50 g pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 15 g paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preparation of creole salad
- Mix the spinach, the spring onions and the tomatoes in a salad bowl.
- Mix all ingredients for the creole vinaigrette, except the oil, in a small bowl. Gradually stir in the oil until the mixture starts thickening.
- Mix all ingredients for the pecans on a baking tray and grill them for 10 minutes on 160°C. Let the nuts cool off.
- Mix the vinaigrette with the salad and sprinkle with the spicy pecans.
Chantal Voets, co-founder of Amanprana, loves cooking and prefers to share her knowledge, all kinds of facts and inspiration to anyone who wants to know.