Ingredients for portobello stuffed with caramelised red onion, dates and rosemary
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 large red onions
- 6 dates
- coarse sea salt or Orac Botanico mix, mild
- Verde Salud extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp rosemary
- rice syrup or maple syrup
- balsamic vinegar
Preparation of portobello stuffed with caramelised red onion, dates and rosemary
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C. Grease an oven dish.
- Peel and finely chop the onions and the clove of garlic.
- De-stone the dates and finely chop them.
- Heat some olive oil in a wok and sauté the onion and the garlic.
- Add the dates and the rosemary and let fry until nice and soft.
- Sprinkle with some of the syrup and a dash of balsamic vinegar.
- Let the syrup caramelise.
- Season with some coarse sea salt or Orac Botanico mix.
- Brush the mushrooms with olive oil (top and bottom) and place them in the oven dish.
- Stuff them with the date/onion mixture and cook in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown and done.
Tip from Lisette:
Add the Orac Botanico mix and give yourself a boost of antioxidants