Ingredients for vegetarian steak with nut crumble crust
- 4 vegetarian steaks (seitan)
- 100 grams roasted unsalted nuts
- 25 grams of coconut fibers
- 2 teaspoons Flamuno Botanico Mix
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 4 tablespoons of water
Preparation of vegetarian steak with nut crumble crust
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Open the seitan steak, let it drain and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Put the corn flour with the tablespoons of water in a deep plate, mix and let it stand until it is a thick paste
- Place the nuts in a food processor or blender and pulse until coarsely ground.
- Mix the nut crumble with the coconut fibers and the Botanico Mix in a deep plate.
- Dip the seitan steak first in the corn paste on both sides, then in the nut crumble. Make sure the nut crumble is generously on top and press down firmly to make sure it sticks
- Carefully place the breaded seitan steaks on the baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Turn halfway through.
Tip from Isabel Boerdam:
Serve with a fresh salad or steamed vegetables.