Vegetarian protein bomb from Rineke Dijkinga can be prepared in 35 minutes. You make this dish with Coconut oil, Apple cider vinegar & Olive Oil - Hermanos Catalan from Amanprana. This recipe from the Mexican kitchen is delicious as Main dishes, Lunch & Salad. It also fits perfectly in a Vegetarian diet.
Ingredients for vegetarian protein bomb
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil (Amanprana)
- 2 onions
- 2 carrots (thinly sliced)
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 large stalk of broccoli, in small rosettes (other hearty vegetables can also be used)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 4 tsp turmeric
- approx. 150 gram cooked brown rice
- approx. 200 gram beans (broad beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, brown beans) from a tin/jar
- approx. 50 gram sheep's or goat's cheese
- 10 sprigs finely chopped parsley
- approx. 5 tsp roasted sunflower seeds
For the dressing:
- dash of lemon juice
- large dash of rape seed oil and olive oil Hermanos Catalan
- dash of apple vinegar
- large dash of shoyu or tamari and a little pepper
Preparation of vegetarian protein bomb
- Fry the onions, carrots and garlic in coconut oil.
- When they are almost done, add the broccoli and simmer briefly with the lid on the pan.
- Add a little water to prevent burning.
- Add ginger, curry powder and turmeric.
- Then add the rice.
- Add the dressing and season with pepper and shoyu/tamari.
- Finally, mix in the beans.
- Then add the feta in small blocks and mix in the parsley.
- Allow to cool and eat as lunch or mealtime salad.
- Just before serving, sprinkle a few sunflower seeds over the salad.
Tip from Rineke:
Rice, beans, sunflower seeds and feta form a great protein combination. Vegetarians, athletes and people with serious illnesses need to be careful about eating daily protein combinations. All of our neurotransmitters are made from amino acids! Recipe from the cookbook “Weten van (h)eerlijk eten” (Knowing how to eat well) by R.Dijkinga, orthomolecular therapist and naturopath.
Rineke Dijkinga is specialist in orthomolecular medicine and naturotherapy and also knows an extraordinary amount about nutrition. She is firmly convinced of the beneficial effects of (organic) foods and believes that herbs and spices play a major role in our energy levels, our mood and our weight.To her, delicious food are one and the same thing. Here at Amanprana we have had the opportunity to create and collect various recipes together with Rineke Dijkinga, author of "Alles draait om je hormone" (It's All About Your Hormones), "Weten van (h)eerlijk eten 1 & 2" (What You Need to Know About Fair Food) and Weetjes over (h)eerlijk eten (Fair Food, the Facts). Her main aims are to highlight how important herbs and spices are, that we should opt for organic food and that we should focus on the preventative in prevention.