Ingredients for vegetarian protein bomb
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 onions
- 2 carrots (thinly sliced)
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 large stalk of broccoli, in small rosettes (other hearty vegetables can also be used)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 4 tsp turmeric
- approx. 150 gram cooked brown rice
- approx. 200 gram beans (broad beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, brown beans) from a tin/jar
- approx. 50 gram sheep's or goat's cheese
- 10 sprigs finely chopped parsley
- approx. 5 tsp roasted sunflower seeds
- dash of lemon juice
- large dash of rape seed oil and olive oil Hermanos Catalan
- dash of apple vinegar
- large dash of shoyu or tamari and a little pepper
Preparation of vegetarian protein bomb
- Fry the onions, carrots and garlic in coconut oil.
- When they are almost done, add the broccoli and simmer briefly with the lid on the pan.
- Add a little water to prevent burning.
- Add ginger, curry powder and turmeric.
- Then add the rice.
- Add the dressing and season with pepper and shoyu/tamari.
- Finally, mix in the beans.
- Then add the feta in small blocks and mix in the parsley.
- Allow to cool and eat as lunch or mealtime salad.
- Just before serving, sprinkle a few sunflower seeds over the salad.
Tip from Rineke:
Rice, beans, sunflower seeds and feta form a great protein combination. Vegetarians, athletes and people with serious illnesses need to be careful about eating daily protein combinations. All of our neurotransmitters are made from amino acids!