Ingredients for asparagus with red palm oil
- 1 large bunch of asparagus (white or green)
- coconut-olive-red palm oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cm fresh ginger
- 1 bergamot citrus fruit
- pinch of unrefined sea salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 can of coconut milk
- curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon coconut blossom sugar
Preparation of asparagus with red palm oil
- Sauté the chopped onion and ginger in red palm.
- Add the peeled and chopped asparagus (approx. 5 cm) and continue frying in the pan, deglaze with bergamot juice and coconut milk.
- Add the zest of the bergamot, a little Himalayan salt and possibly a few curry leaves. Then cook until tender.
Tip from Chantal:
Delicious with boiled wholemeal rice and fried seitan from Bertyn!