Ingredients for ayurvedic chickpeas
- 250 g chickpeas
- coconut oil, extra virgin, Amanprana
- 2 onions
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pepper and salt
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp mango powder (or a little lemon juice)
- 2 tbsp coconut-olive-palm-oil, extra virgin, Amanprana
Preparation of ayurvedic chickpeas
- Soak the chickpeas for at least 12 hours in a pan of water (a day in advance).
- Drain the chickpeas and cook them with the salt, turmeric, cardamom, cinnamon and 1 litre of extra water for about an hour (until tender).
- Peel the onions and chop finely. Cut the tomatoes into cubes.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and sauté the onions.
- Add the cardamom, turmeric, cinnamon, mustard seed, cumin seed, asafoetida, ginger and curry powder and fry gently.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Drain the tender chickpeas and mix into the tomato sauce. Leave to simmer gently.
- Finish with at touch of lemon juice, garam masala, pepper and salt. Serve with fresh coriander.
Tip from Lies:
Turmeric strengthens the life force. An extra spoonful of curcumax botanico herbs does you well.