Ingredients for vegan sausage rolls
- 1 pack of vegetarian minced meat (250 grams)
- 1 tbsp. minced meat seasoning
- 10g binding agent (chia flour, corn starch, kuzu,..)
- 1 tsp. mustard
- A pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- 1 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pack of puff pastry: the amount depends on the size of the sausage rolls.
Preparation of vegan sausage bread
- Mix the minced meat with the rest of the ingredients well
- If you opt for long sausage rolls, you weigh approx. 60g/1pc off for little ones 30g/1pc.
- Form sausages from the mixture
- During the act you have to squeeze instead of rolling
- Cut the puff pastry to the desired size, make sure that the sausage is completely covered with the puff pastry
- Place the buns on a baking tray lined with baking paper with the dough seal facing down
- Brush them with the egg yolk
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25 minutes.
Tip from Serge:
As a bonus, sprinkle the buns with sesame or poppy seeds.