Ingredients for bavarian lentil soup with seitan from bertyn
- 1 red onion (sliced into thin rings)
- 250 grams seitan
- coconut-olive-red palm oil
- 250 grams brown lentils
- dried juniper berries
- a pinch of ORAC Botanico mix spicy
- fresh vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove of garlic
You can easily process lentils into a delicious soup!
- Chop the onion and garlic into fine pieces and stew them in a little coconut-olive-red palm oil.
- Cut the block of seitan into small pieces and stew until nicely brown.
- Add the lentils, which you have rinsed thoroughly first.
- Cover with a fresh vegetable stock (about 1 to 1.5 l) and season the soup with a few juniper berries, a pinch of mace, a little thyme, a pinch of cayenne pepper and unrefined sea salt, bay leaf.
- Bring to the boil, turn the heat down a bit and let it simmer for about 30 to 45 minutes until the lentils are soft.
Tip from Chantal:
Lentil soup is high in fibre and iron and contributes to optimum health
Did you know that lentils are the forgotten superfood?
Lentil soup is not only easy to make, it’s also great for keeping you healthy. Lentils are extremely high in magnesium, folic acid, iron and fibre. Fibre improves digestion and prevents spikes in your blood sugar levels. This means that after eating lentil soup, you’ll feel full for longer and won’t crave sugary foods.