Ingredients for bread pudding with pumpkin
- 1/2 small pumpkin
- 1.5 dl orange juice
- 100 g (stale) wholemeal bread, crust removed
- 75 g Amanrpana coconut blossom sugar or brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 50 g dried apricots
- 50 g raisins
- 1 vanilla pod
- 50 g speculoos
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Coconutoil, extra vierge Amanprana
Preparation of bread pudding with pumpkin
- Place the deseeded half pumpkin unsliced in the microwave for 7 minutes with the cutting face down, or steam it until cooked.
- Leave to cool down and scoop out 200g of cooked flesh. Mix the flesh with the orange juice.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the bread into small pieces and add the blended pumpkin, the sugar and the egg.
- Blend the mixture for a few moments so that the large pieces of bread crumble.
- Cut the apricots into small pieces. Slice the vanilla pod open and scrape out the seeds. Crush the speculoos. Add everything to the bread, along with the raisins and the cinnamon.
- Pour the mixture into a greased ovenproof dish and bake the bread pudding for 35 minutes.
Tip from Miki Kristin:
Recipe by Miki Duerinck & Kristin Leybaert «Veggie voor starters»
Miki Kristin Duerinck Leybaert
Miki Duerinck and Kristin Leybaert started off by opening a restaurant where they gained a large amount of experience in vegetarian cooking. After that they set up the Vegetarische Kookstudio (Vegetarian Cooking Studio), hosted workshops and offered catering services and celebratory meals. Together they also penned a number of books, including Donderdag Veggiedag (Thursday is Veggie Day), Veggie voor starters (Vegetarianism for Starters) and Veggie burgers, balletjes en broodbeleg (Vegetarian Burgers, Balls and Sandwich Fillers).