Ingredients for oatmeal
- 1 l oat drink with vanilla
- 150 g porridge oats
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes or coconut flour, Amanprana
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- ½ tsp saffron strands
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 5 tbsp coconut blossom sugar, Amanprana
- 1 tbsp wheat germ, Amanprana
- Fresh mint leaves
Preparation of coconut porridge with saffron, wheat germ and coconut blossom sugar
- Bring the oat drink and the porridge oats to the boil, adding all of the other ingredients except for the wheat germ.
- Turn down the heat and leave to simmer for another 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Turn the heat off.
- Add the wheat germ.
- Serve in bowls or dessert glasses and finish with a mint leaf or cinnamon stick.
Tip from Chantal:
Porridge as a dessert? It's a great alternative to rice pudding! Leave the rolled oats to soak overnight in a little water. It will make them easier to digest, and your porridge will be smoother and take less time to cook.