Ingredients for es cincau hijau – a green coconut jelly drink
- 10 sheets of Jelly grass or fresh jelly
- 200 grams Amanprana Gula Java Coconut
- 100 ml water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 300 ml Coconut Milk
- Ice (shaved)
Preparation of es cincau hijau – a green coconut jelly drink
- Add little by little 1 cup cooked water (so the grass jelly become mushy)
- Strain the water.
- Let the jelly become hard in the fridge
- After the jelly has become stiff, you can serve it in a glass, together with the syrup of gula java coconut blossom sugar, coconut milk and shaved ice or cubes.
Boil the water and gula java coconut blossom sugar and shimmer until you have a syrup.
Tip from Ida:
Cincau is actually jelly made from a leaf. There are 2 kind of cincau, the black cincau (cincau hitam) made from Janggelan leaf (Latin name: Mesona palustris BL) and boiling process and the green cincau (cincau hijau) made from leaf called Cincau Hijau/Rambat (Latin name: Cyclea barbata L Miers) and without boiling process.