Ingredients for vegan burger full option
- 1 bag vegan protein mix (150 g)
- 120 to 150 ml water
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 3 teaspoons mustard
- 3 thin slices of cheese (vegan)
- 3 brioche burger buns with sesame seeds
- 2 large gherkins, sliced
- 3 teaspoons ketchup
- ¼ head of iceberg lettuce
- 2 full tablespoons (vegan) mayonnaise
- 1 full tablespoon of ketchup
Preparation of the protein-rich vegan burger
- Cut the lettuce leaves into thin strips, mix them in a bowl with the rest of the sauce ingredients and finish the sauce to taste.
- Prepare the vegan mix for burgers as described on the package.
- Divide the instant mix for the burger into three equal parts and form 3 burgers.
- Place the burgers in the pan, press them down with a spatula and fry them on both sides in hot extra virgin olive oil.
- Then put a slice of (vegan) cheese on top. Let the cheese melt and then let the burgers cook for a further 1 minute.
- In the meantime you can toast the cut open buns.
- Divide the sauce over the 3 hamburger buns, top each bun with a burger and a slice of (vegan) cheese and divide the onions and pickles on top.
- Spread the top half of the bun with a teaspoon of ketchup and mustard.
- Press the top half of the bun firmly onto the bottom half.
Watch the video of this recipe
Tip from Serge:
Once you've prepared the high-protein burger and let it sit like this, the buns will soak up moisture, so serve it right away or wrap it in baking paper and let it sit for 1 minute so that it becomes wonderfully soggy.