Ingredients for houmous with olive oil
- 1 x 400 g tin of chickpeas or 170 g dried chick peas (cook before using)
- whole cumin, a generous pinch
- 1 whole dried chilli
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- juice of one lemon
- Hermanos Catalán extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- Optional: paprika and fresh parsley, to garnish
- 1 tsp (or more, according to taste) Amanprana Okinawa Omega 3/6/7/9
Preparation of houmous with olive oil
- Blend the cooked chickpeas with a generous pinch of cumin seeds, a dried chilli (just to spice things up a bit), a little garlic, some lemon juice and tahini.
- Add a little olive oil until you have a smooth, spreadable consistency.
- If you want to make the hummus super healthy, add a teaspoon of Okinawa Omega 3/6/7/9.
Tip from Chantal:
1/ This houmous is yummy as a dipping sauce with pieces of Moroccan bread or crisps; just sprinkle a little bit of paprika and some chopped parsley on top. 2/ Spread the houmous on a thick slice of toast and arrange some thin slices of grilled courgettes on top, with an olive oil, lemon juice and ginger dressing. Garnish with thinly-sliced spring onions, alfalfa or coriander. 3/ If you want to give the houmous a spicy touch, sprinkle some Orac Botanico Chilli over the top just before serving. A taste sensation – guaranteed!