Ingredients for spaghetti of vegetables with fresh figs and cashew cream
- 250 grams vegetarian steaks (seitan)
- 2 courgettes
- 2 winter carrots
- 2 large parsnips or 4 small ones
- 20 green beans, tips off
- 8 fresh figs (or out of season: strawberries)
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar (or cranberry, or pomegranate)
- 3 teaspoons coconut blossom sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 150 grams raw cashews
- 2 lemons, the juice
- 4 tablespoons of hot water
- pinch of Khoisan Fleur de Sel
Preparation of spaghetti of vegetables with fresh figs and cashew cream
- Put the raw cashews in a bowl and let them soak in boiling water. Make sure all nuts are submerged in water.
- Peel the courgettes, carrots and parsnips, and use a spirelli (or alternatively a cheese slicer and a sharp knife) to make strings.
- Open the seitan steak, let it drain and pat it dry with a paper towel. Cut very thin strips of the seitan steak with a sharp knife.
- Boil the green beans in hot water for a few minutes until they are al dente. Cut them in half lengthwise and in half again, so that you have green strings.
- Divide the strands between four plates, mix them so that it looks cheerful and varied.
- Then make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together until you have a smooth sauce. Divide the dressing among the plates.
- Drain the cashews and place in a blender or mixer with the juice of the lemons, hot water and a pinch of Fleur de Sel. Blend into a smooth, creamy sauce.
- Cut the avocado halves into strips and provide each plate with half an avocado.
- Cut the tops of the figs and cut them crosswise so that you get a kind of flower. Give each plate two fresh figs.
- Finish the plates with a generous tablespoon of cashew cream.
Tip from Isabel Boerdam:
Use a spirelli (spiral cutter), this saves a lot of work!