Ingredients for vegetarian mexicano
- 1 large onion
- A dash of extra virgin red palm oil
- 1 tablespoon Adapto Botanico mix
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- A little fleur de sel
- 500 grams of vegetarian minced meat
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
Preparation of vegetarian mexicano
- Cut the onion into rings and color them light golden in the red palm oil.
- Add the spice mix, cumin powder and fleur de sel and let everything stew for 1 minute.
- Remove the minced meat from the package, loosen by hand and cut the peppers into strips.
- Add them to the pan with the herbs. Let it cook well while you keep stirring. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Cut the tomatoes into 8 pieces and finely chop the garlic.
- Add them to the seitan and spices and let everything steam under the lid.
- Finish with plenty of fresh coriander and serve with tacos and guacamole.
Tip from Serge:
Mexican cuisine with vegetarian minced meat from seitan
Mexican cuisine is so colorful! Mexican food culture dates back thousands of years and is a mixture of local ingredients with Spanish and European influences. The cumin, the peppers, the tomatoes and the garlic give this dish with vegetarian seitan minced meat that Mexican taste: Seitan Mexicano. Add boiled kidney beans or corn to the Mexican beef stew, if desired. If that's not Mexican?!
Have you tried Bertyn's ground seitan yet? This is high-quality minced meat made from wheat. The ideal low-carb meat substitute!
Chef Chantal Voets also explains: the coriander in this recipe is actually a typical Asian herb that is very aromatic in both smell and taste. Coriander fits perfectly with this.