Ingredients for vegan hollandaise sauce
- 1 kilo Fresh white asparagus
- 1 kilo New potatoes
- 100 g Red palm oil
- A dash of White wine (vegan wine)
- 100 ml Organic almond paste
- A pinch Fleur de sel
- A pinch Black pepper
- A pinch Saffron
- A generous amount Black pepper
Preparation of vegan hollandaise sauce
- Peel the fresh asparagus and discard the woody parts.
- Peel the potatoes.
- Ready a pan of salted water and add the potatoes as soon as they are peeled, then cook over a medium temperature for around 15 minutes until they are cooked.
Cooking the white asparagus.
- Cook the asparagus for around 15 minutes until they are cooked al dente. You actually only have to steam the tips. You can get a special asparagus pot, in which the asparagus is placed upright. Otherwise use a very large pot so that the asparagus lies in the water length-ways and is entirely covered.
- Lightly salt the water and, if desired, add a dash of lemon and a pinch of Gula Java palm sugar.
- When the asparagus and potatoes are cooked, drain the potatoes and remove the asparagus using tongs.
- Place the asparagus and potatoes on a plate and keep warm.
The hollandaise sauce of red palm oil and saffron.
- Heat the red palm oil in a small pot over a very low temperature until it is liquid.
- In the meantime, add a dash of white wine and three tablespoons of almond paste to around 200 ml of the warm asparagus water.
- Add it to the oil. Increase the temperature and stir constantly. If the sauce is too thick, add water, and if it is too thin, add almond paste.
- When the sauce is just the way you like it, season with salt, pepper and saffron and pour over the asparagus.
- Garnish with generous portions of parsley before serving.