Ingredients for vegetarian wraps
- 200 g oyster mushrooms
- 2 onions
- 125 g cherry tomatoes
- ½ cucumber
- ½ lime
- 1 tsp black garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 10 g fresh coriander
- 4 tortillas
- ½ cup of light sour cream (or vegan coconut cream)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Gula Java coconut blossom sugar
- Khoisan fleur de sel
Preparation of vegetarian wraps
- Cut the oyster mushrooms into bite-sized pieces. Cut the onions into half rings. Cut the cherry tomatoes and cucumber into fine cubes.
- Create a salsa by mixing the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, lime juice and the coriander leaves. Set some coriander aside for the finishing touch. Season with pepper and fleur de sel.
- Heat half of the coconut oil and add the onions. Leave to simmer over low heat until the onions begin to colour slightly. Add the sugar and let it caramelise. Spoon the onions out of the pan and add the rest of the coconut oil. Add the oyster mushrooms and fry until done. Season with cumin, pepper and fleur de sel. Add the onions again so that they can heat up.
- Heat the tortillas in a dry pan or in the oven. Spoon the oyster mushrooms and onions on top, together with the salsa. For the finishing touch, add a spoonful of sour cream mixed with black garlic paste and coriander leaves.
Tip from Chantal:
What are wraps?
Wraps are a type of thin pancakes that are usually made from corn or wheat flour, but you can also find them gluten-free. Top the 'pancake' with different ingredients and roll it up (to wrap). Wraps can be found in different shapes and sizes, but did you know that you can also easily make them yourself?
How to make your own tortilla wraps:
Take 200 grams of flour, 125 ml of water, a pinch of fleur de sel and 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mix these ingredients, in 5 minutes, until a homogeneous mixture. Cover the mixture with a damp cloth and let it rest for half an hour. Then divide the dough into six equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and roll it out into a flat circle with the help of a rolling pin. Then fry the tortilla wrap for one minute on each side in a dry frying pan.
Fill your wraps with the mixture you made above and enjoy these delicious vegetarian wraps!