Ingredients for chicory with white thyme
- 500 g chicory
- 500 g parsnip
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, extra virgin Amanprana
- 3 tbsp Gula Java Brut coconut blossom sugar (palm sugar), Amanprana
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 Sprig fresh thyme / 1 tsp Sal Verde
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- Pepper and salt
Preparation of chicory with white thyme
- Peel the parsnip, cut lengthways through the middle and steam until cooked.
- Cut the chicory lengthways into 4 or 6 pieces and steam until cooked.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and fry the mustard and cumin seeds.
- Wait until the mustard seeds begin to crackle.
- Then add the parsnip and the chicory and season with Gula Java (palm sugar), turmeric, fresh thyme leaves, pepper and salt. Leave to cook for a moment until the flavour of the spices has permeated the food.