Cauliflower Velouté with Hazelnuts, Mushrooms and Black Garlic from Philippe Van den Bulck can be prepared in 30 minutes. You make this dish with Fleur de sel, Walnut oil, Olive oil - Hermanos Catalan, Black garlic, Black garlic powder & Fried garlic from Amanprana. This recipe from the Belgian, Dutch & French kitchen is delicious as Appetizer, Lunch & Soup. It also fits perfectly in a Vegetarian, Gluten free, Vegan & Lactose-free diet.
Ingredients for cauliflower velouté with hazelnuts, mushrooms and black garlic
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 large onion
- 1 white base of leek
- 2 tbsp fried garlic
- 1 L vegetable stock
- 1 dL almond cream
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin walnut oil
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, Hermanos Catalan
- 2 tsp black garlic powder
- 16 hazelnuts
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- 3 sage leaves
- Pepper from the mill
- Khoisan fleur de sel
Preparation of cauliflower velouté with hazelnuts, mushrooms and black garlic
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and rinse thoroughly under cold, running water.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. Peel the core and cut into small cubes.
- Cut the onion and the white base of the leek into fine rings.
- Stew the onion, the white base of the leek and the fried garlic in a dash of olive oil until glazed.
- Add the cauliflower florets, the cubes and the stock.
- Bring to a boil and let it simmer gently for about 30 minutes.
- Mix the nut oil and olive oil together with the black garlic powder.
- Finely chop the sage and add this to the oil.
- Lightly roast the hazelnuts in a dry pan or in the oven and chop them coarsely.
- Cut the slices of sourdough bread into small cubes and fry them in a dash of olive oil until golden brown. Then drain well on kitchen paper.
- Add the almond cream to the cauliflower velouté and mix everything in a blender or with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Season to taste with pepper from the mill and fleur de sel.
- Serve the soup with a finishing touch of the coarsely chopped hazelnuts, the croutons and the black garlic oil.
Philippe Van den Bulck
Philippe van den Bulck is a truly creative chef specialising in vegetables. He is inspired by inspiring others with his rich cuisine. He does not use meat, just a lot of vegetables, and he is also a food stylist and writer, and has worked in many famous restaurants.Growing up in the Mechelen region, Philippe was surrounded by hundreds of gardeners around the fresh produce market of Mechelen (the famous Mechelse Veilingen). His love for vegetables started there, and it would become his passion many years later. During that time he worked at El Bulli and Le Cirque in New York, and he is also a culinary advisor to EVA (Ethical Vegetarian Alternative).