Es Cendol/ Es Dawet: Indonesian tropical drink with coconut milk from Ida Rohimawati can be prepared in 25 minutes. You make this dish with Coconut blossom sugar from Amanprana. This recipe from the Indonesian kitchen is delicious as Drinks & Drink. It also fits perfectly in a Vegetarian & Vegan diet.
Ingredients for es cendol/ es dawet: indonesian tropical drink with coconut milk
- 100 gram rice flour
- 50 gram sago flour
- 450 ml water
- 75 ml water with pandan leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200 gram Amanprana Gula Java Coconut blossom sugar
- 600 ml coconut milk
Preparation of es cendol/ es dawet: indonesian tropical drink with coconut milkEs Cendol
- Mix rice flour with sago flour and pour some water in the mixture. Boil the rest of the water, add green pandan leaves and a little salt.
- Put the flour mixture into the boiled water.
- Stir well and cook until it thickens (paste-like)
- Drain with a strain that has round holes, so when you press the cendol mixture it will go out of the strain as spaghetti.
- Put these cendol directly in a bowl with cold water and ice.
- Cendol will become solid then.
- Drain the cendol and set aside.
Tip from Ida:
You can add some small cubes of mango as a variation