Ingredients for es cendol/ es dawet: indonesian tropical drink with coconut milkCendol
- 100 gram rice flour
- 50 gram sago flour
- 450 ml water
- 75 ml water with pandan leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200 gram Amanprana Gula Java Coconut blossom sugar
- 600 ml coconut milk
Preparation of es cendol/ es dawet: indonesian tropical drink with coconut milkCendol
- Mix rice flour with sago flour and pour some water in the mixture. Boil the rest of the water, add green pandan leaves and a little salt.
- Put the flour mixture into the boiled water.
- Stir well and cook until it thickens (paste-like)
- Drain with a strain that has round holes, so when you press the cendol mixture it will go out of the strain as spaghetti.
- Put these cendol directly in a bowl with cold water and ice.
- Cendol will become solid then.
- Drain the cendol and set aside.
Tip from Ida:
You can add some small cubes of mango as a variation