Ingredients for about 250ml keto mayonnaise
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple vinegar
- 180 ml avocado oil or neutral oil
- 60 ml MCT oil
- (if required, 1 tablespoon black garlic paste)
Making the mayonnaise
- Beat the egg yolk together with the mustard
- Beat in the MCT oil little by little with the whisk, or hand blender until the mayonnaise is nice and thick.
- Add the cider vinegar
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add 1 tablespoon black garlic paste
Tip from Chantal:
This recipe for keto mayonnaise is also very tasty with capers, chives or parsley! Opt to make your own mayonnaise. The (organic) mayo from the supermarket is full of (refined) oil, sugars and e-numbers. As a result, the imbalance between the omegas can cause a disturbed fatty acid level. This recipe for keto mayonnaise is packed with healthy fats and antioxidants that protect your heart and blood vessels. Nourish your brain and give your metabolism a boost. The mayonnaise can be kept for a maximum of 3 days in the refrigerator so don't make too much in advance.