Ingredients for mexican stew with spelled seitan and red palm oil
- 550 grams seitan
- 1 large onion
- 1 red and 1 green pepper
- 4 tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- red palm oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin (ground)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- fleur de sel
Preparation of mexican stew with spelled seitan and red palm oil
- Cut the onion into rings and color them light brown in red palm oil.
- Add the cayenne pepper, chili, oregano, cumin powder and coarse sea salt and let it simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the finely chopped seitan, as well as the bell pepper cut into strips and let it fry well, stirring constantly.
- After about 5 minutes add the tomato cut into 8 pieces and chopped garlic.
- Let everything steam under the lid.
- Serve this beef stew with tacos, lots of fresh coriander and possibly a little guacamole.
Tip from Serge:
Cooked kidney beans or corn can be added to the stew.