Ingredients for thai curry
- 4 cups Basmati rice
- 4 tablespoons Red curry paste (check the ingredients, as many brands
- include fish oil)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil (Amanprana)
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- 500 g Brown mushrooms
- 300 g Snow peas or unshelled peas
- 300 g Mung bean sprouts
- 200 g Young asparagus tips
- 800 ml Creamy coconut milk
- 1 bunch Flat-leaf parsley
- 100 g Sprouted cress1 teaspoon Herbs (Amanprana ORAC Botanico-mix)
- A dash of Soya sauce
Preparation of thai curry
Cooking the basmati rice
- Rinse the rice under clean water until the water runs clear.
- Bring the rice and double its quantity in water to the boil, then turn the stove to low.
- Place the lid on the pot and let the rice cook for 20 minutes.
Preparing the Thai curry
- Peel the garlic and cut it very fine.
- Wash the vegetables and, if necessary, cut into equal-sized portions.
- Heat the wok and add coconut oil.
- Fry the garlic until it is golden brown.
- Then add the vegetables and fry for five minutes, constantly stirring.
- Briefly mix the red curry paste and coconut milk in a blender and pour over the vegetables.
- Gently cook over a medium temperature for ten minutes.
- Turn off the stove, place the lid on the pan and let the Thai curry absorb the liquid until it is time to serve it.
Serving the Thai curry
- Before serving the curry season with soya sauce and the spices and stir in the roughly chopped parsley and the sprouts.
- Serve the Thai red curry with asparagus together with the rice.