Vegan seitan stew with brown beer and plums from Chantal Voets can be prepared in 20 minutes. You make this dish with Coconut blossom sugar & Coconut oil, olive oil and red palm oil from Amanprana. This recipe from the Belgian kitchen is delicious as Main dish & stew. It also fits perfectly in a Vegetarian & Vegan diet.
Ingredients for vegan seitan stew with brown beer and plums
- 550 grams spelled seitan
- coconut-olive-red palm oil
- 1 bottle of brown beer
- 1 onion (cut into thin rings)
- seitan gravy
- 10 dried plums
- 1 tbsp Crema di Balsamic
- 3 tbsp flour
- a handful of raisins
- 2 tablespoons Gula Java Coconut blossom sugar
- pinch of cayenne pepper
Preparation of vegan seitan stew with brown beer and plums
- Cut the seitan block into pieces and the onion into thin slices.
- Stew the onion in a little coconut-olive-red palm oil.
- Then add the pieces of seitan.
- Sprinkle the flour all over and deglaze with the beer and gravy.
- Then add the prunes, raisins, coconut blossom sugar, balsamic vinegar, thyme and bay leaf and cayenne pepper.
- Let it come to a gentle boil and once the sauce has thickened, serve with boiled potatoes.
Chantal Voets, co-founder of Amanprana, loves cooking and prefers to share her knowledge, all kinds of facts and inspiration to anyone who wants to know.