Ingredients for green asparagus tempura in coconut oil
- 8 green asparagus
- Japanese breadcrumbs
- 1 cup ice water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg yolk
- Coconut oil extra virgin
Preparation of green asparagus tempura in coconut oil
- Cut the hard tips off the asparagus.
- Make the batter: put the egg yolk in a bowl, stir it together with the water,
- Add the flour in one movement, briefly stir to mix everything (the batter does not need to be very smooth).
- Do not make too much batter at once.
- Then dip the asparagus in the batter and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Deep-fry immediately on 165°C in delicious coconut oil.
Tip from Chantal:
Serve as an appetiser with Ginger Thai soy sauce (Lima).