Make your own pizza dough from Chantal Voets can be prepared in 60 minutes. You make this dish with Fleur de sel & Olive oil - Amanprana Premium from Amanprana. This recipe from the Italian kitchen is delicious as Tapas & snacks, Main dishes & Pasta. It also fits perfectly in a Vegetarian & Vegan diet.
- 250 grams of flour 002
- grams instant yeast
- ½ teaspoon fleur de sel
- 150 ml lukewarm water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sift the flour over a mixing bowl and add the salt, stir well with a whisk.
- Dissolve the yeast in 50 ml of lukewarm water, mix everything together thoroughly with a small whisk until you have a lovely smooth consistency.
- By hand
- If you are making the dough by hand, you then make a hole in the middle of the flour and pour the yeast mixture in there.
- Add the olive oil and the rest of the water and mix it all together until you have a dough that can easily be taken out of the bowl.
- Spread flour on your countertop and knead the dough on this.
- Roll the pizza dough into a short roll and fold it in half, rotate it a quarter turn and roll it up into a short roll once more.
- Repeat this until the pizza dough is smooth and easy to pull apart without breaking.
- Knead the dough into a nice round ball shape and place it in a bowl that you have greased with a little bit of olive oil.
- Stretch a piece of cling film over the bowl or put a damp tea towel on top and let the dough rise in a warm place for about an hour.
- Take the dough out of the bowl after that hour, knead it one more time and then put it back in the covered bowl to let it rise for another half hour.
- If you want to make regular pizzas, separate this dough into two balls.
- Sprinkle your counter or work area with some flour and place the dough on top.
- Flatten the dough a bit with your hands and sprinkle a bit more flour over it.
- Using a rolling pin, you can now roll it into the desired shape whereby the base is the same thickness all over.
- When using a pizza tray, roll out the base in such a way that it fits easily onto your baking tray.
- For two regular pizzas, roll out two round bases with a diameter of approx. 20 cm.
- Cover the pizza with your favourite ingredients and place it in a preheated oven at 220 degrees C for about 15 minutes.
Tip from Chantal:
Home-made own pizza dough is one of those basic recipes that you should really know. It's very easy to make your own pizza dough and it's great fun too. Moreover, home-made pizza dough is much tastier than those ready-made packets from the supermarket.You don't really need much to make your own pizza dough. You can start out with just flour, salt, instant yeast and a little olive oil and water. It's also easy to freeze a few rolls of dough too! That way you will always have something delicious in the house whenever unexpected guests turn up or when you’re short on time.
Chantal Voets, co-founder of Amanprana, loves cooking and prefers to share her knowledge, all kinds of facts and inspiration to anyone who wants to know.