Matcha latte drink from Chantal Voets can be prepared in 2 minutes. You make this dish with Matcha & Tea from Amanprana. This recipe from the Asian kitchen is delicious as Drinks & Drink. It also fits perfectly in a Vegetarian & Vegan diet.
- 80 ml of spring water
- 1 gram Kotobuki Matcha (1/2 teaspoon)
- 120 ml organic / plant-based (coconut milk or almond milk)
- Bring the water to a boil and allow to cool to 80 ° C
- Meanwhile, heat the milk
- Place the matcha in a matcha bowl, small bowl or wide mug
- Add the water (make sure there is at least 2 fingers space under the rim)
- Beat the tea gently with a bamboo whisk for 15 seconds to a foamy liquid
- Froth the milk with a milk frother (or whisk)
- Pour the milk into a thick glass or mug and pour the matcha into it
Consciously enjoy your green tea. The taste is pleasant, soft and at the same time intensive and strongly aromatic.
Which plant-based milk is best with an Amanprana matcha latte?
Of course, you drink your matcha latte not only for the health benefits and gentle caffeine boost, but also for the taste.
We went to see and compare which plant-based milk tastes best in combination with our matcha and which you can froth well.
First we list the different types of vegetable milk for you:
- Rice milk is made from the soluble rice parts that remain after cooking, grinding and filtering husked rice. The rice is first cooked completely into porridge and possibly mashed. Then the cooked mass is separated in a fine sieve into a wet part, the ‘milk’ and a part to be dried, namely rice flour. Rice milk does not foam. The taste is also a bit sweet and overpowering.
- Soy milk is made from dry soybeans that you soak and then grind with water. Depending on the soy milk brand, it foams very well or less well. With soy milk, the taste becomes creamy and slightly sweet. You can taste the typical soy flavor and you like it or not.
- Almond milk is made from almonds that have been soaked in cold water for at least 8 hours. After which the almonds are put in the blender with water and possibly a few dates. Almond milk foams easily and has a creamy and nutty taste. In combination with our matcha, this milk is very tasty!
- Coconut milk is made by soaking grated coconut pulp in warm water. Coconut milk does not foam very well, but the taste in combination with the matcha is very tasty!
Chantal Voets, co-founder of Amanprana, loves cooking and prefers to share her knowledge, all kinds of facts and inspiration to anyone who wants to know.