Ingredients for pineapple and spirulina smoothie
- 1 tablespoon Amanprana coconut fibres
- freshly squeezed juice of 5 oranges
- freshly squeezed juice of 2 pink grapefruit
- 2 pineapples (or 1 large one)
- 2 dates
- 8 spirulina tablets
Preparation of pineapple and spirulina smoothieTake a large jug (or a blender) and pour in the orange and grapefruit juice. Remove the kernels from the dates and chop finely and add. Peel the pineapples and cut into dice and add. Add the spirulina tabs Mix well with a hand whisk or blend until smooth. For a fabulous fibre-rich drink: With 1 teaspoon of coconut fibres: 6 - 8 g fibre/glass With 1 tablespoon of coconut fibres: 8 - 10 g fibre/glass
Tip from Chantal:
The reasons why spirulina (algae) is so healthy:
- Algae contains whole range of minerals, amino acids, trace elements, enzymes and fatty acids.
- Energy from the sun is stored in algae, it provides extra energy and more resistance.
- Algae is a very good source of chlorophyll (like all green leafy vegetables) that we need to transport oxygen to our cells.
Chantal Voets, co-founder of Amanprana, loves cooking and prefers to share her knowledge, all kinds of facts and inspiration to anyone who wants to know.