Ingredients for purple potato chips, fried in red palm oil and sprinkled with herbs.
- 500g Purple potatoes ( Violetta or any other 'firm boiling' type)
- 10tbsp red palm oil
- 2tbsp ORAC Mix with chili
- 1tbsp fleur de sel
Preparation of purple potato chips, fried in red palm oil and sprinkled with herbs.
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly but leave the peel. Scrape them into uniform slices with a mandolin.
- Melt the red palm oil in a baking pan until quite hot.
- Slide the potato slices in, one by one and fry until the edges become light brown.
- Remove them from the pan and put on a piece of kitchen paper to drain the excess oil. Let them cool and put them in a bowl.
- Season the chips with the spice mix and the fleur de sel and mix them well again so that the spices are well mixed through the chips.
- Serve the chips as a snack or as a side dish.