Pizza with Arugula and Black Mushrooms from Philippe Van den Bulck can be prepared in 30 minutes. You make this dish with Spice mixes, Fleur de sel, Coconut blossom sugar, Olive Oil - Verde Salud, Black garlic powder, Fried garlic & Black garlic from Amanprana. This recipe from the Italian kitchen is delicious as Tapas & snacks, Main dishes & Pasta. It also fits perfectly in a Vegetarian, Gluten free, Vegan & Lactose-free diet.
Ingredients for pizza with arugula and black mushrooms
- 1 tsp black garlic powder
- 1 tsp GJ coconut blossom sugar fin
- Extra virgin olive oil, Verde Salud
- 6 mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 1 small fennel bulb
- 120 g arugula
- 1 tsp Orac Botanico mix, mild
- 1 dL almond cream
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fried garlic
Preparation of pizza with arugula and black mushrooms
- Make a small dent in the flour and crumble the yeast into it.
- Sprinkle the coconut blossom sugar over the yeast. Then sprinkle some salt and black garlic powder around the dent. Pour lukewarm water and olive oil into the dent.
- Leave this for about 15 minutes to activate the yeast.
- Next, knead the dough into a firm, non-sticky ball of dough. Let it rise for about 1 hour under a slightly damp cloth in a warm spot in the kitchen.
- In the meantime, cut the fennel and red onion into very thin slices.
- Mix the almond cream with the lemon juice, a tablespoon of water and the garlic into a smooth sauce.
- Roll out the dough on a worktop coated with flour. Then place the dough on a baking dish lined with baking paper.
- Let it rise again for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C.
- Mix the arugula with some olive oil.
- Cover the dough base with the red onion, fennel and arugula. Sprinkle the Botanico blend on top. Drizzle some olive oil over it.
- Let the pizza bake for about 15-20 minutes until it turns golden brown. Finely slice the mushrooms in the meantime.
- Take the pizza out of the oven, scatter the mushroom bits on top and drizzle the almond-garlic cream over it.
- Serve immediately!
Philippe Van den Bulck
Philippe van den Bulck is a truly creative chef specialising in vegetables. He is inspired by inspiring others with his rich cuisine. He does not use meat, just a lot of vegetables, and he is also a food stylist and writer, and has worked in many famous restaurants.Growing up in the Mechelen region, Philippe was surrounded by hundreds of gardeners around the fresh produce market of Mechelen (the famous Mechelse Veilingen). His love for vegetables started there, and it would become his passion many years later. During that time he worked at El Bulli and Le Cirque in New York, and he is also a culinary advisor to EVA (Ethical Vegetarian Alternative).