Ingredients for vegan meatloaf with tomato and seitan
- 400 grams of Teriyaki Protein Tops (Bertyn) or 400 grams of vegetarian pieces marinated in soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Orac + Botanico Mix
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 250 grams of mixed raw nuts
- 200 grams sun-dried tomatoes
- 50 grams of coconut fibers
- 100 grams of oat flakes
- 5 tablespoons flaxseed with 5 tablespoons hot water, soaked for 15 minutes
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation of vegan meatloaf with tomato and seitan
- Grease a cake tin and preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare the linseed with the tablespoons of hot water and let it soak for 15 minutes or longer until it starts to get a bit slimy.
- Now it is a good substitute for egg.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion until it starts to become translucent.
- Add the seitan tops and let it simmer together with the garlic and Botanico Mix and let it simmer until the sauce has reduced. Finally, remove the cinnamon stick, bay leaves and cloves from the pan, as they are not pleasant to chew.
- In the meantime, put the raw nuts, sun-dried tomatoes and coconut fibers in a food processor and pulse to a coarsely chopped, mixed mass.
- Put the seitan and nut mix together in a bowl, add the oats, linseed mix, red pepper and parsley and mix until firm. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the greased pie or cake tin and bake for 45-60 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Let the vegan meatloaf cool for 20 minutes.
Tip from Isabel Boerdam:
Make a simple green salad with, for example, avocado, cherry tomatoes and pine nuts for this vegan meatloaf. A great combination!