Ingredients for vegetarian bobotie with banana and apricots
- 200 grams of vegetarian minced meat
- 1 tablespoon Orac Botanico Mix
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 spelled sandwiches
- 100 milliliters almond milk
- 1 apple, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 10 apricots, cut into small cubes
- 1 handful white raisins, soaked
- 1 egg + dash of almond milk
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 handful of white almonds
Preparation of vegetarian bobotie with banana and apricots
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Soak the sandwiches in the almond milk.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, fry the onion until it starts to become translucent and add the vegetarian minced meat together with the Orac Botanico Mix. Stir fry the whole thing.
- Mix the apple cubes, apricots and raisins into the minced meat mixture and crumble the soaked bread through it.
- Mix the egg with a dash of almond milk and stir through.
- Divide the bobotie between a large baking dish or two small ones and finish with banana slices and white almonds.
- Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes until done and golden brown.
Tip from Isabel Boerdam:
Serve with a portion of white rice, if desired.