Risotto with Peas and Black Garlic from Philippe Van den Bulck can be prepared in 20 minutes. You make this dish with Fleur de sel, Olive Oil - Verde Salud, Coconut oil, olive oil and red palm oil & Black garlic powder from Amanprana. This recipe from the Italian kitchen is delicious as Main dishes & Vegetable Dish. It also fits perfectly in a Vegetarian, Vegan & Lactose-free diet.
Ingredients for risotto with peas and black garlic
- 250 g small Paris mushrooms
- 300 g fresh peas (from the pod)
- 4 spring onions
- 2 sucrine lettuce heads (small lettuce heads - optionally replaced by heart of the lettuce)
- 300 g risotto rice Arborio or Carnaroli
- 2 shallots
- 2 Tbsp coconut-olive-palm oil
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- 1 L vegetable stock
- 1 tsp black garlic powder
- 100 g silken tofu
- 50 g cashew paste
- 1 Tbsp yeast flakes
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Pepper from the mill
- Khoisan fleur de sel
Preparation of risotto with peas and black garlic
- Cut the mushrooms into segments.
- Boil the peas in boiling salted water for 2 minutes and cool immediately in ice water to preserve the green colour.
- Clean the spring onions, trim the foliage and cut them in half.
- Bring the vegetable stock to a boil.
- Finely chop the shallots and stew them in the coconut-olive-palm oil until glazed. Add the rice to let it stew along until glazed.
- Next, add the white wine to the rice to deglaze and let it boil for a while.
- Now add the hot stock, ladle by ladle. Keep the risotto on low heat and do not add the next ladle of stock until the previous one has almost been absorbed.
- The risotto will be ready in about 18 minutes, and all the stock should be absorbed.
- In the meantime, grill the onions and finely chop the lettuce heads.
- Mix the silken tofu with the cashew paste, lemon juice, yeast flakes and some sea salt to a smooth cream.
- Stir the cream in the risotto and season it with salt and pepper. Then add the peas and finely chopped lettuce.
- Fry the mushrooms briefly over medium heat in a dash of olive oil to a golden brown colour. Season with salt and pepper and the black garlic powder.
- Portion the risotto on the plates and add the mushrooms and grilled onions!
Tip from Philippe:
Instead of the tofu cashew cream, you can also use mascarpone or sour cream. For the enthusiasts, there is also some grated parmesan under the risotto.
Philippe Van den Bulck
Philippe van den Bulck is a truly creative chef specialising in vegetables. He is inspired by inspiring others with his rich cuisine. He does not use meat, just a lot of vegetables, and he is also a food stylist and writer, and has worked in many famous restaurants.Growing up in the Mechelen region, Philippe was surrounded by hundreds of gardeners around the fresh produce market of Mechelen (the famous Mechelse Veilingen). His love for vegetables started there, and it would become his passion many years later. During that time he worked at El Bulli and Le Cirque in New York, and he is also a culinary advisor to EVA (Ethical Vegetarian Alternative).