Keto burger from Chantal Voets can be prepared in 5 minutes. You make this dish with Coconut oil, Olive oil - Amanprana Premium & MCT oil from Amanprana. This recipe from the Belgian, Dutch & French kitchen is delicious as Breakfast, Main dishes, Lunch, Brunch & BBQ. It also fits perfectly in a Vegetarian, Gluten free, Low carbohydrate, Lactose-free & Ketogenic diet.
Ingredients for keto burger
- 1 seitan steak (Bertyn veggie protein steak wheat or spelt)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 eggs Black pepper and fleur de sel (or bamboo salt)
- 1 tomato
- ½ cucumber
- 2 tablespoons MCT mayonnaise (see recipe)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 handful of lettuce of your choice Sesame or poppy seed of your choice
Preparation of keto burger
- Fry the seitan steak golden brown in 2 spoons of olive oil or coconut oil
- Temporarily remove from the pan and using the same pan fry the eggs in oil on low heat so that the egg yolk remains runny.
- Season with pepper and fleur de sel (or Bamboo salt)
- Meanwhile, cut the tomato and cucumber into slices
- Cut the avocados in the middle and remove the peel; from one of the segments, cut a piece of the rounded side of the avocado so that the avocado burger remains upright when you go to top it.
- Top the avocado with tomato, cucumber, lettuce, seitan and fried egg
- Finish with the second half of the avocado and sesame or poppy seeds
What is an avocado burger?
You’ve surely heard of avocado bun burgers? With an avocado burger or avocado bun burger you replace the bun with avocado. This allows you to replace the (often) empty calories of a bun with healthy fats. That makes this dish the ideal keto burger and fits perfectly in a ketogenic diet. You can top the avocado/bun with anything. Depending on the topping, the avocado bun burger is suitable for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
In this recipe, we have gone for a seitan burger. Seitan is a high-protein, low-fat and low-carbohydrate meat substitute. We’ve chosen Bertyn seitan. This is 100% organic and has been authentically produced for three generations under the guidance of a seitan master.
On top of that, this fun dish will be to die for 🙂
Chantal Voets, co-founder of Amanprana, loves cooking and prefers to share her knowledge, all kinds of facts and inspiration to anyone who wants to know.