Flaky Seitan Turnovers with Leek and Black Garlic from Miki Kristin Duerinck Leybaert can be prepared in 25 minutes. You make this dish with Fleur de sel, Olive oil - Verde Salud & Black garlic cloves from Amanprana. This recipe from the Belgian, Dutch & French kitchen is delicious as Tapas & snacks, Side dish & Vegetable Dish. It also fits perfectly in a Vegetarian, Gluten free, Vegan & Lactose-free diet.
Ingredients for flaky seitan turnovers with leek and black garlic
- 1 leek
- Extra virgin olive oil, Verde Salud
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts
- 200 g seitan, Bertyn
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 6 sheets of phyllo dough
- Orac Botanico mix, mild
- Black garlic powder
Preparation of flaky seitan turnovers with leek and black garlic
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Cut the leeks into rings and stew them in some olive oil until tender.
- Add the pine nuts.
- Season with Orac Botanico mix, mild.
- Cut the seitan into triangles with sides of about 5 cm (2 in). Coat them with some soy sauce and mustard.
- Place a sheet of phyllo dough on the worktop. Lightly coat with oil and cover it with a second sheet. Coat that sheet with oil as well and put the third sheet on top.
- Cut these three layers of phyllo dough into strips of about 30 cm long and 7 cm wide (about 12 and 3 inches).
- Place a piece of seitan on the left side of one of these strips, put some leek on top and sprinkle with black garlic powder. Wrap the dough around it so you have a nicely folded and sealed triangle.
- Repeat with the remaining pieces of seitan.
- Put all the turnovers on a greased baking tray and apply some oil to the top of each turnover. Put them in the oven for about 20 minutes to get a nice brown colour.
Miki Kristin Duerinck Leybaert
Miki Duerinck and Kristin Leybaert started off by opening a restaurant where they gained a large amount of experience in vegetarian cooking. After that they set up the Vegetarische Kookstudio (Vegetarian Cooking Studio), hosted workshops and offered catering services and celebratory meals. Together they also penned a number of books, including Donderdag Veggiedag (Thursday is Veggie Day), Veggie voor starters (Vegetarianism for Starters) and Veggie burgers, balletjes en broodbeleg (Vegetarian Burgers, Balls and Sandwich Fillers).