Japanese Seaweed Salad with Avocado from Chantal Voets can be prepared in 5 minutes. You make this dish with 4-Algae botanico-mix & Spice mixes from Amanprana. This recipe from the Asian kitchen is delicious as Side dish, Lunch & Salad. It also fits perfectly in a Vegetarian & Vegan diet.
- 10 g mixed seaweed salad (dried)
- ½ cucumber
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds (fry briefly in a pan without oil)
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp 4 Algae Botanico spice mix
- 1 avocado
- Soak the seaweed for about 10 minutes in a bowl of water.
- Let the seaweed drain in a strainer.
- Cut the halved cucumber in half lengthwise and cut into thin slices.
- Cut the spring onion into fine rings.
- Mix the cucumber and the spring onion with the seaweed.
- Put everything in a bowl and finish with the juice of half a lime, a dash of soy sauce and some sesame oil.
- Cut the avocado into segments and add them to the seaweed salad.
- Finally, add the roasted sesame seeds together with the 4 Algae spice mix.
Tip from Chantal:
Do you like it spicy? If you prefer it a little spicier, top it all off with some chili flakes or add ORAC + chili Botanico spice mix.
Seaweed salad is high in mineralsSeaweed is full of minerals, such as iodine and calcium and trace elements. Depending on the species, it also contains vitamins such as vitamin C and E. Avocado is chock-full of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins B, C, E and K and a lot of magnesium, potassium, zinc and iron. And cucumber contains very few calories but is packed with fibre and nutrients, such as potassium, vitamin K and antioxidants. All the products in this Japanese seaweed salad make for an excellent side salad.
Chantal Voets, co-founder of Amanprana, loves cooking and prefers to share her knowledge, all kinds of facts and inspiration to anyone who wants to know.