Ingredients for almond bread or hazelnut bread
- 400 g almond flour or hazelnut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1½ tsp baking soda or bicarbonate of soda (only add just before putting in oven)
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- large dash of olive oil or extra virgin coconut oil
- approx. 150 ml yoghurt/buttermilk/oat milk/rice milk
- 4 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 30 g coconut fibres
Preparation of almond bread or hazelnut bread
- Mix all of the ingredients in a food processor.
- Put mixture into a well greased baking tin with parchment paper on the bottom.
- Bake in the oven for about fifty minutes at 150 degrees.
- Remove the parchment paper immediately and allow the bread to cool off on the oven tray.
- Store this bread in the fridge. Do not wrap in plastic as it will quickly go soft.
- Only cut the bread just as you have taken it out of the fridge.
Tip from Rineke:
Bread gets its structure from gluten. Gluten-free bread such as this hazelnut bread must have a binding agent to give it a bread-like structure. Eggs are a very effective binding agent and Amanprana coconut fibre is a great way of adding extra fibre. Add about 30 g coconut fibre per loaf. Recipe from the cookbook “Weten van (h)eerlijk eten” (Knowing how to eat well) by R.Dijkinga, orthomolecular therapist and naturopath.