Ingredients for spaghetti with asparagus and saffron
- 500g Spaghetti (spelt pasta)
- 400g White asparagus, peeled
- 200g Snow peas
- 0.5 l Vegan dry white wine
- 200ml Almond cream/spelt cream or a comparable product
- 4 Cloves of garlic
- 1/2 Medium-hot red chillies
- 1 bunch Flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon ORAC Botanico-mix, spicy Herbs
- 2 tablespoons Hemp oil (Amanprana’s Balance Delight)
- 2 tablespoons Oil (preferably Amanprana Cocos,-Olive,-Red Palm Oil)
- A pinch Khoisan fleur de sel
- A pinch Real saffron
Preparation of spaghetti with asparagus and saffronCook the spelt pasta until al dente in plenty of salted water, drain and set aside. Heat up a pot of salted water. Cut the asparagus and snow peas into pieces small enough to eat and blanch in boiling water for a minute. Rinse off in cold water. Peel the garlic and cut very fine. Remove the seeds from the chillies and cut finely. Heat up a wok at a high temperature and add the spaghetti together with the oil, garlic and chillies and fry until the garlic is lightly browned. Then add the asparagus and snow peas and cook for a maximum of two minutes. Add the white wine and cream and simmer briefly. Then add the roughly cut parsley together with the herbs, saffron and a pinch of fleur de sel, mixing carefully for a minute or so, preferably by shaking the pan gently. This allows the spaghetti to absorb the sauce and the starch will thicken the sauce. Serve the creamy spaghetti with asparagus and saffron immediately. Enjoy!
Who is Stefano Vicinoadio? Here at Amanprana we got to know him at an organic fair in Germany. We immediately hit it off and it turned into a great working relationship. Stefano is actually a photographer, and it is his passion. But his love for cooking has resulted in the most delicious recipes... together with great photos. Stefano describes himself as colourful, loud, a vegan, a friend, a discoverer, a digital nomad and straightforward.